Call for Papers: Pediatric Nursing Care of the Hospitalized Child
Conference Start Date:
02nd May 2012
Deadline for Paper:
01st January 2011
As pediatric nurses, we are all familiar with the nuances in care required by this patient population. Advancing your knowledge of current trends in pediatric care will assist you in more effective patient management, sensitivity to family issues, and cultural needs. Now in its 24th year, the Pediatric Nursing: Care of the Hospitalized Child Conference will help you advance your clinical assessment and patient management skills by addressing the science, technology, pharmacology, and human factors which influence what we do.
Highlights and Benefits of the 2012 Conference:
* A new Preconference on Managing the Medically Unstable Pediatric Patient, covering such topics as the neurologically decompensating patient, management of hypovolemic and cardiogenic shock, abdominal trauma, preparing for pediatric transport, and diabetic ketoacidosis.
* 16 Concurrent Sessions offering diverse topic choices that will challenge you as well as allow you to meet your unique educational needs.
* Special attention by the speakers on practical clinical application of information presented.
* Main Conference topics designed to give you the most current, evidence-based clinical updates for your professional growth.
* Hot topics: pediatric poisoning, ethics, current antiviral and antifungal therapies, head injury, street drugs, and cultural competence in pediatric palliative care.
* Opportunities for interaction with dynamic leaders in the field of pediatric nursing.
* Time to share ideas, problem-solve and build professional relationships with colleagues from across the nation.
Sharpen your knowledge of both the art and science of providing the best care to ensure optimal outcomes for your pediatric patients. Enjoy the historic sights of Boston during its most beautiful season- -springtime. Re-energize yourself to do the work you know and love.
Recent Call for Papers